Home buyers often ask me if they can get a “good deal” on a bank-owned home. In today’s video, I explain the factors involved in pricing these homes and some tips for buyers interested in these types of properties.
What other questions do you have about bank-owned properties? Ask me here!
Sioux Falls, SD
Old Man Winter may be late, but he has found his way to the Sioux Falls area. Here are a few helpful tips and ideas to winter proof your home. Don’t worry–at this rate Spring is right around the corner!
- Check to make sure your sump pump is in good working order. A broken sump pump can spell problems should it fail.
Keep Those Pesky Pests Out of Your Home:
- Seal any cracks where pests may enter. Anything bigger than a dime is an easy squeeze for a rodent.
- Keep food covered and put away.
- Pour boiling water down bathroom and kitchen drains monthly. This will prevent buildup of bacteria and sludge that may attract and hatch flies.
Great Time of Year to make an Inventory of Your Home:
- An inventory of home valuables, furnishings and features may prove helpful if your home is damaged or a fire strikes during the year. What better time to do this than when it’s cold outside and you’re looking for projects to do indoors?
Here are a few more winter tasks:
- Check the labels on the switches in your electrical circuit-breaker panel and make new labels if necessary.
- Check your furnace filter monthly in the winter to see if it needs replacing.
- Use a vacuum-cleaner tool or a long-handled brush to clean under and behind the refrigerator, including the coils.
- Clean lint from under laundry appliances, especially the dryer. Carefully work the cleaning tool down into the lint filter. Clean the dryer vent outlet outside, reaching as far as possible into the pipe.
- Gather product documents and warranties into a folder. Go through the contents and discard outdated materials.
- Walk around inside the house with a screwdriver, pencil and paper. Tighten any loose knobs and attachments and list repairs to tackle later.
- Examine the ducts of your forced-air furnace and seal any leaks with duct tape.
In today’s video I share some info about Harrisburg schools and some planned improvements for the area as well as information on homes currently for sale in Harrisburg.
What else would you like to know about Harrisburg? Ask here!
Sioux Falls, SD